Keep the love flowing.
Her breath was hard and her head was spinning. She was so tired but she couldn’t stop. She had to keep running. She heard him scream her name in the background and the pounding of his feet got closer. She could almost feel his breath down her neck and suddenly he was grabbing her wrist and pulled her to a stop. She twirled around and said with conviction.
- Let me go.
He looked into her eyes and simply answered:
- No Rebecka.
They stood still with the only sound being their breaths coming out in short gasps. It might have been a few seconds. It might even been an hour until one of them said anything.
- You need to stop running. Not everybody will hurt you girlie, he said with a grim expression.
- Yeah, she scoffed. That’s what history proven so many times right…
- History change. It is that simply. You have been hurt in the past. That does not mean that you will be hurt in the future.
- It does also not mean that I will NOT be hurt.
He sighed and interlaced his hand with hers.
- I don’t know what I can say to convince you that what we have is good. Screw the age difference. Screw people’s opinions. This is our relationship. This is you and me. Not anybody else. It’s us.
Rebecka just kept on ignoring him. He sighed once again:
- Girlie… I’m not saying that you will not be hurt completely. Life’s a bitch sometimes. It’s just the way it is. You will get hurt and you will be sad. I can’t promise you that I will protect you from all that because I will not be able to. What I can promise you is that I will be there. I can be the shoulder you lean on when you are hurt or sad. When you are crying. I can be that. And that’s got to be enough because that and all my love is all I got to give you. No more or no less. And if that’s not enough… We go our separate ways.
He let go of her hand and turned around. She stood there staring at his back as he walked further and further away.
- TOM! she suddenly yelled and started running after him. She saw him turning around and came to a stop in front of him
- You always do that Tom! You have to stop doing that, she said with a small smile.
- Doing what? he asked confused.
- Giving those big speeches and then turn around. We’re not in a movie Tom.
- Of course it’s enough. It has always been enough. You know how I get Tom. Nervous and full of fear. But you just being you and you loving me as always been enough. No matter what.
He kept looking into her eyes and placed her hand on her hips.
- Good, he said with a brilliant smile on his lips.